You need to Login or Register
Home | Search | About | SiteMap
Status : Open as usual Know different? Sign Up to change it
Build your pub pages for FREE
Click for more info
Why not Add your own image(s) to this gallery.
Sign-up as Landlord/Manager of The Kings Head. (You will need the PIN No. provided).
1. a male sovereign or monarch; a man who holds by life tenure, and usually by hereditary right, the chief authority over a country and people.
2. God or Christ.
3. a person or thing preeminent in its class: a king of actors.
4. a playing card bearing a picture of a king.
5. Chess.the chief piece of each color, whose checkmating is the object of the game; moved one square at a time in any direction.
6. Checkers.a piece that has been moved entirely across the board and has been crowned, thus allowing it to be moved in any direction.
7. Entomol.a fertile male termite.
8. a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter K.
. king, male monarch, sovereign, crowned head, monarch
usage: a male sovereign; ruler of a kingdom
2. king, queen, world-beater, rival, challenger, competitor, competition, contender
usage: a competitor who holds a preeminent position
3. baron, big businessman, business leader, king, magnate, mogul, power, top executive, tycoon, businessman, man of affairs
usage: a very wealthy or powerful businessman; "an oil baron"
4. king, eminence, distinction, preeminence, note
usage: preeminence in a particular category or group or field; "the lion is the king of beasts"
5. King, Billie Jean King, Billie Jean Moffitt King, tennis player
usage: United States woman tennis player
6. King, B. B. King, Riley B King, singer, vocalist, vocalizer, vocaliser, guitarist, guitar player
usage: United States guitar player and singer of the blues
7. King, Martin Luther King, Martin Luther King Jr., clergyman, reverend, man of the cloth, civil rights leader, civil rights worker, civil rights activist
usage: United States charismatic civil rights leader and Baptist minister who campaigned against the segregation of Blacks
8. king, checker
usage: a checker that has been moved to the opponent''s first row where it is promoted to a piece that is free to move either forward or backward
9. king, face card, picture card, court card
usage: one of the four playing cards in a deck bearing the picture of a king
10. king, chessman, chess piece
usage: the weakest but the most important piece
1. the upper part of the body in humans, joined to the trunk by the neck, containing the brain, eyes, ears, nose, and mouth.
2. the corresponding part of the body in other animals.
3. the head considered as the center of the intellect, as of thought, memory, understanding, or emotional control; mind; brain: She has a good head for mathematics. Keep a cool head in an emergency.
4. the position or place of leadership, greatest authority, or honor.
5. a person to whom others are subordinate, as the director of an institution or the manager of a department; leader or chief.
6. a person considered with reference to his or her mind, disposition, attributes, status, etc.: wise heads; crowned heads.
7. that part of anything that forms or is regarded as forming the top, summit, or upper end: head of a pin; head of a page.
8. the foremost part or front end of anything or a forward projecting part: head of a procession.
9. the part of a weapon, tool, etc., used for striking: the head of a hammer.
10. a person or animal considered merely as one of a number, herd, or group: ten head of cattle; a dinner at $20 a head.
11. a culminating point, usually of a critical nature; crisis or climax: to bring matters to a head.
12. the hair covering the head: to wash one''s head.
13. froth or foam at the top of a liquid: the head on beer.
1. head, caput, external body part
usage: the upper part of the human body or the front part of the body in animals; contains the face and brains; "he stuck his head out the window"
2. head, domestic animal
usage: a single domestic animal; "200 head of cattle"
3. mind, head, brain, psyche, nous, cognition, knowledge, noesis
usage: that which is responsible for one''s thoughts and feelings; the seat of the faculty of reason; "his mind wandered"; "I couldn''t get his words out of my head"
4. head, chief, top dog, leader
usage: a person who is in charge; "the head of the whole operation"
5. head, formation
usage: the front of a military formation or procession; "the head of the column advanced boldly"; "they were at the head of the attack"
© 2007-2010 Its Our Local.com. All Rights Reserved.
Web Design by New Media Designs.