You need to Login or Register
Home | Search | About | SiteMap
Status : Open as usual Know different? Sign Up to change it
Build your pub pages for FREE
Click for more info
Why not Add your own image(s) to this gallery.
Sign-up as Landlord/Manager of The Rose & Crown. (You will need the PIN No. provided).
1. any of the wild or cultivated, usually prickly-stemmed, pinnate-leaved, showy-flowered shrubs of the genus Rosa. Cf. rose family.
2. any of various related or similar plants.
3. the flower of any such shrub, of a red, pink, white, or yellow color.
4. the traditional reddish color of this flower, variously a purplish red, pinkish red, or light crimson.
5. an ornament shaped like or suggesting this flower.
6. a pink or pinkish-red color in the cheek.
7. See rose window.
8. Heraldry.a representation of a wild rose with five petals, usually seeded and barbed in a symmetrical design and used esp. as the cadency mark of a seventh son.
9. any of various diagrams showing directions radiating from a common center, as a compass card or wind rose.
a. an obsolete gem style or cut, flat on the bottom and having an upper side with from 12, or fewer, to 32 triangular facets.
b. a gem with this cut.
11. a perforated cap or plate, as at the end of a pipe or the spout of a watering pot, to break a flow of water into a spray.
12. an ornamental plate or socket surrounding the shaft of a doorknob at the face of a door.
13. Math.a plane polar curve consisting of three or more equal loops that meet at the origin. Equation: r = asinnθ or r = acosnθ.
14. come up roses, Informal.to turn out all right; result in success, glory, or profit: Despite setbacks, things should come up roses in the long run.
1. any of various types of headgear worn by a monarch as a symbol of sovereignty, often made of precious metal and ornamented with valuable gems.
2. a similar ornamental headgear worn by a person designated king or queen in a pageant, contest, etc.
3. an ornamental wreath or circlet for the head, conferred by the ancients as a mark of victory, athletic or military distinction, etc.
4. the distinction that comes from a great achievement.
5. the power or dominion of a sovereign.
6. the sovereign as head of the state, or the supreme governing power of a state under a monarchical government.
7. any crownlike emblem or design, as in a heraldic crest.
8. the top or highest part of anything, as of a hat or a mountain.
9. the top of the head: Jack fell down and broke his crown.
a. the part of a tooth that is covered by enamel. See diag. under tooth.
b. an artificial substitute, as of gold or porcelain, for the crown of a tooth.
11. the highest point of any construction of convex section or outline, as an arch, vault, deck, or road.
12. the highest or most nearly perfect state of anything
© 2007 - 2015 Its Our Local.com. All Rights Reserved.
Web Design by New Media Designs.