You need to Login or Register
Home | Search | About | SiteMap
Status : Open as usual Know different? Sign Up to change it
Build your pub pages for FREE
Click for more info
Why not Add your own image(s) to this gallery.
Sign-up as Landlord/Manager of The Hogs Head. (You will need the PIN No. provided).
1. hog, pig, selfish person
usage: a person regarded as greedy and pig-like
2. hog, hogget, hogg, lamb
usage: a sheep up to the age of one year; one yet to be sheared
3. hog, pig, grunter, squealer, Sus scrofa, swine
usage: domestic swine
1. hog, snap up, snaffle, grab
usage: take greedily; take more than one''s share
The Hog Farm is an organization considered to be America''s longest running hippie commune. With beginnings as an actual collective hog farm in Tujunga, California, the group, founded in the 1960s by peace activist and clown Wavy Gravy, evolved into a "mobile, hallucination-extended family", active internationally in both music and politics.
The Hog Farm is perhaps best known for their involvement with the Woodstock Music Festival. While lodging on Manhattan''s East Side from 1968–69, the Farm was approached by Woodstock Ventures with a proposal — participate in a planned music festival in upstate New York. Although the Farm had just bought land in Llano, New Mexico (near Truchas, New Mexico) and the commune had plans to depart New York City and settle in Llano, they accepted the offer to become involved with Woodstock. Recruited to build fire pits and trails on the festival grounds at Woodstock, the Hog Farm convinced the promoter to let them set up a free kitchen as well.
The Hog Farm group was flown to New York, were met by the world press at John F. Kennedy International Airport, and told for the first time that they had also been assigned the task of providing security at Woodstock. Gravy called his rather unorthodox security force the "Please Force," a reference to their non-intrusive tactics at keeping order ("please don''t do that, please do this instead"). When asked by the press what kind of tools he intended to use to maintain order at the event, his response was "Cream pies and seltzer bottles."
1. the upper part of the body in humans, joined to the trunk by the neck, containing the brain, eyes, ears, nose, and mouth.
2. the corresponding part of the body in other animals.
3. the head considered as the center of the intellect, as of thought, memory, understanding, or emotional control; mind; brain: She has a good head for mathematics. Keep a cool head in an emergency.
4. the position or place of leadership, greatest authority, or honor.
5. a person to whom others are subordinate, as the director of an institution or the manager of a department; leader or chief.
6. a person considered with reference to his or her mind, disposition, attributes, status, etc.: wise heads; crowned heads.
7. that part of anything that forms or is regarded as forming the top, summit, or upper end: head of a pin; head of a page.
8. the foremost part or front end of anything or a forward projecting part: head of a procession.
9. the part of a weapon, tool, etc., used for striking: the head of a hammer.
10. a person or animal considered merely as one of a number, herd, or group: ten head of cattle; a dinner at $20 a head.
11. a culminating point, usually of a critical nature; crisis or climax: to bring matters to a head.
12. the hair covering the head: to wash one''s head.
13. froth or foam at the top of a liquid: the head on beer.
1. head, caput, external body part
usage: the upper part of the human body or the front part of the body in animals; contains the face and brains; "he stuck his head out the window"
2. head, domestic animal
usage: a single domestic animal; "200 head of cattle"
3. mind, head, brain, psyche, nous, cognition, knowledge, noesis
usage: that which is responsible for one''s thoughts and feelings; the seat of the faculty of reason; "his mind wandered"; "I couldn''t get his words out of my head"
4. head, chief, top dog, leader
usage: a person who is in charge; "the head of the whole operation"
5. head, formation
usage: the front of a military formation or procession; "the head of the column advanced boldly"; "they were at the head of the attack"
© 2007-2010 Its Our Local.com. All Rights Reserved.
Web Design by New Media Designs.