You need to Login or Register
Home | Search | About | SiteMap
Status : Open as usual Know different? Sign Up to change it
Build your pub pages for FREE
Click for more info
Why not Add your own image(s) to this gallery.
Sign-up as Landlord/Manager of The Golden Lion. (You will need the PIN No. provided).
1. bright, metallic, or lustrous like gold; of the color of gold; yellow: golden hair.
2. made or consisting of gold: golden earrings.
3. exceptionally valuable, advantageous, or fine: a golden opportunity.
4. having glowing vitality; radiant: golden youth.
5. full of happiness, prosperity, or vigor: golden hours; a golden era of exploration.
6. highly talented and favored; destined for success: television''s golden boy.
7. richly soft and smooth: a golden voice.
8. indicating the fiftieth event of a series: a golden wedding anniversary.
1. aureate, gilded, gilt, gold, golden, chromatic
usage: having the deep slightly brownish color of gold; "long aureate hair"; "a gold carpet"
2. golden, halcyon, prosperous, happy
usage: marked by peace and prosperity; "a golden era"; "the halcyon days of the clipper trade"
3. gold, golden, gilded, metallic , metal
usage: made from or covered with gold; "gold coins"; "the gold dome of the Capitol"; "the golden calf"; "gilded icons"
4. favored, fortunate, golden, blessed , blest
usage: supremely favored or fortunate; "golden lads and girls all must / like chimney sweepers come to dust"
1. lion, king of beasts, Panthera leo, big cat, cat
usage: large gregarious predatory feline of Africa and India having a tawny coat with a shaggy mane in the male
2. lion, social lion, celebrity, famous person
usage: a celebrity who is lionized
3. Leo, Lion, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, human, soul
usage: a person who is born while the sun is in Leo
4. Leo, Leo the Lion, Lion, sign of the zodiac, star sign, sign, mansion, house, planetary house
usage: the fifth sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about July 23 to August 22
1. a large, usually tawny-yellow cat, Panthera leo, native to Africa and southern Asia, having a tufted tail and, in the male, a large mane.
2. any of various related large wildcats, as the cougar.
3. a man of great strength, courage, etc.
4. a person of great importance, influence, charm, etc., who is much admired as a celebrity: a literary lion.
5. the lion as the national emblem of Great Britain.
6. Astron., Astrol.the constellation or sign of Leo.
7. a member of any one of the internationally affiliated service clubs founded in 1917 and dedicated to promoting responsible citizenship, sound government, and community, national, and international welfare.
a. a silver, Anglo-Gallic denier, issued during the reign of Henry III, bearing the figure of a lion.
b. a gold coin of Scotland, issued c1400–1589, bearing the figure of a lion.
c. any of various other coins bearing the figure of a lion.
9. Brit.an object of interest or note.
10. beard the lion in its den, to confront or attack someone, esp. a powerful or feared person, in that person''s own familiar surroundings.
11. twist the lion''s tail, to tax the patience of or provoke a person, group, nation, or government, esp. that of Great Britain.
© 2007-2010 Its Our Local.com. All Rights Reserved.
Web Design by New Media Designs.