You need to Login or Register
Home | Search | About | SiteMap
Status : Open as usual Know different? Sign Up to change it
Build your pub pages for FREE
Click for more info
Why not Add your own image(s) to this gallery.
Sign-up as Landlord/Manager of The Bay Horse. (You will need the PIN No. provided).
1. a body of water forming an indentation of the shoreline, larger than a cove but smaller than a gulf.
2. South Atlantic States.an arm of a swamp.
3. a recess of land, partly surrounded by hills.
4. an arm of a prairie or swamp, extending into woods and partly surrounded by them.
a. any of a number of similar major vertical divisions of a large interior, wall, etc.: The nave is divided into six bays.
b. a division of a window between a mullion and an adjoining mullion or jamb.
c. See bay window .
a. any portion of an airplane set off by two successive bulkheads or other bracing members.
b. a compartment in an aircraft: a bomb bay; an engine bay.
3. a compartment, as in a barn for storing hay.
4. Also called drive bay. an open compartment in the console housing a computer''s CPU in which a disk drive, tape drive, etc., may be installed.
a. the deck space between the anchor windlass and the stem of a vessel
1. bay, body of water, water
usage: an indentation of a shoreline larger than a cove but smaller than a gulf
2. bay, cry
usage: the sound of a hound on the scent
3. true laurel, bay, bay laurel, bay tree, Laurus nobilis, laurel
usage: small Mediterranean evergreen tree with small blackish berries and glossy aromatic leaves used for flavoring in cooking; also used by ancient Greeks to crown victors
4. bay, compartment
usage: a compartment on a ship between decks; often used as a hospital; "they put him in the sick bay"
5. bay, compartment
usage: a compartment in an aircraft used for some specific purpose; "he opened the bomb bay"
6. alcove, bay, recess, niche
usage: a small recess opening off a larger room
7. bay, horse, Equus caballus
usage: a horse of a moderate reddish-brown color
1. a large, solid-hoofed, herbivorous quadruped, Equus caballus, domesticated since prehistoric times, bred in a number of varieties, and used for carrying or pulling loads, for riding, and for racing.
2. a fully mature male animal of this type; stallion.
3. any of several odd-toed ungulates belonging to the family Equidae, including the horse, zebra, donkey, and ass, having a thick, flat coat with a narrow mane along the back of the neck and bearing the weight on only one functioning digit, the third, which is widened into a round or spade-shaped hoof.
4. something on which a person rides, sits, or exercises, as if astride the back of such an animal: rocking horse.
5. Also called trestle. a frame, block, etc., with legs, on which something is mounted or supported.
horse, hoofed, herbivorous mammal now represented by a single extant genus, Equus. The term horse commonly refers only to the domestic Equus caballus and to the wild Przewalski''s horse. Adapted to plains environments, all Equus species, including the ass and the zebra, have lengthened foot bones ending in a single toe covered by a hoof, for fast running; teeth shaped for grinding grass; and intestinal protozoa for digesting cellulose.
© 2007 - 2015 Its Our Local.com. All Rights Reserved.
Web Design by New Media Designs.