You need to Login or Register
Home | Search | About | SiteMap
Status : Open as usual Know different? Sign Up to change it
Build your pub pages for FREE
Click for more info
Why not Add your own image(s) to this gallery.
Sign-up as Landlord/Manager of The Wheatsheaf The New. (You will need the PIN No. provided).
1. wheat, corn, cereal, cereal grass
usage: annual or biennial grass having erect flower spikes and light brown grains
2. wheat, wheat berry, grain, food grain, cereal
usage: grains of common wheat; sometimes cooked whole or cracked as cereal; usually ground into flour
The wheat plant is an annual, probably derived from a perennial; the ancestry of and precise distinctions between species are no longer always clear. For its early growth wheat thrives best in cool weather. Among the more ancient, and now less frequently cultivated, species are einkorn (T. monococcum), emmer (T. dicoccum), and spelt (T. spelta). Modern wheat varieties are usually classified as winter wheats (fall-planted and unusually winter hardy for grain crops) and spring wheats. Approximately three fourths of the wheat grown in the United States is winter wheat.
1. one of the bundles in which cereal plants, as wheat, rye, etc., are bound after reaping.
2. any bundle, cluster, or collection: a sheaf of papers.
to bind (something) into a sheaf or sheaves.
1. bundle, sheaf, package, parcel
usage: a package of several things tied together for carrying or storing
1. of recent origin, production, purchase, etc.; having but lately come or been brought into being: a new book.
2. of a kind now existing or appearing for the first time; novel: a new concept of the universe.
3. having but lately or but now come into knowledge: a new chemical element.
4. unfamiliar or strange : ideas new to us; to visit new lands.
5. having but lately come to a place, position, status, etc.: a reception for our new minister.
6. unaccustomed : people new to such work.
7. coming or occurring afresh; further; additional: new gains.
8. fresh or unused: to start a new sheet of paper.
9. different and better: The vacation made a new man of him.
10. other than the former or the old: a new era; in the New World.
11. being the later or latest of two or more things of the same kind: the New Testament; a new edition of Shakespeare.
12. in its latest known period, esp. as a living language at the present time: New High German.
© 2007-2010 Its Our Local.com. All Rights Reserved.
Web Design by New Media Designs.