You need to Login or Register
Home | Search | About | SiteMap
Contact Details: -not available- To add some now, see below.PIN Tel.:
Status : Open as usual Know different? Sign Up to change it
Build your pub pages for FREE
Click for more info
Why not Add your own image(s) to this gallery.
Sign-up as Landlord/Manager of The Talk Of The Town.
1. to communicate or exchange ideas, information, etc., by speaking: to talk about poetry.
2. to consult or confer: Talk with your adviser.
3. to spread a rumor or tell a confidence; gossip.
4. to chatter or prate.
5. to employ speech; perform the act of speaking: to talk very softly; to talk into a microphone.
6. to deliver a speech, lecture, etc.: The professor talked on the uses of comedy in the tragedies of Shakespeare.
7. to give or reveal confidential or incriminating information: After a long interrogation, the spy finally talked.
8. to communicate ideas by means other than speech, as by writing, signs, or signals.
9. Computers.to transmit data, as between computers or between a computer and a terminal.
10. to make sounds imitative or suggestive of speech.
1. to express in words; utter: to talk sense.
2. to use in speaking or conversing: They talk French together for practice.
3. to discuss: to talk politics.
4. Informal. to focus on; signify or mean; talk about: This isn''t a question of a few hundred dollarsówe''re talking serious money.
5. to bring, put, drive, influence, etc., by talk: to talk a person to sleep; to talk a person into doing something.
6. talk around,to bring over to one''s way of thinking; persuade: She sounded adamant over the phone, but I may still be able to talk her around.
7. talk at,
a. to talk to in a manner that indicates that a response is not expected or wanted.
b. to direct remarks meant for one person to another person present; speak indirectly to.
8. talk away,to spend or consume in talking: We talked away the tedious hours in the hospital.
9. talk back,to reply to a command, request, etc., in a rude or disrespectful manner: Her father never allowed them to talk back.
10. talk big, Informal.to speak boastingly; brag: He always talked big, but never amounted to anything.
11. talk down,
a. to overwhelm by force of argument or by loud and persistent talking; subdue by talking.
b. to speak disparagingly of; belittle.
c. Also,talk in.to give instructions to by radio for a ground-controlled landing, esp. to a pilot who is unable to make a conventional landing because of snow, fog, etc.
12. talk down to, to speak condescendingly to; patronize: Children dislike adults who talk down to them.
13. talk of,to debate as a possibility; discuss: The two companies have been talking of a merger.
14. talk out,
a. to talk until conversation is exhausted.
b. to attempt to reach a settlement or understanding by discussion: We arrived at a compromise by talking out the problem.
1. a thickly populated area, usually smaller than a city and larger than a village, having fixed boundaries and certain local powers of government.
2. a densely populated area of considerable size, as a city or borough.
3. a municipal corporation with less elaborate organization and powers than a city.
4. a township.
5. any urban area, as contrasted with its surrounding countryside.
6. the inhabitants of a town; townspeople; citizenry.
7. the particular town or city in mind or referred to: living on the outskirts of town; to be out of town.
8. a nearby or neighboring city; the chief town or city in a district: I am staying at a friend''s apartment in town.
9. the main business or shopping area in a town or city; downtown.
a. a village or hamlet in which a periodic market or fair is held.
b. any village or hamlet.
11. Scot.a farmstead.
12. go to town, Informal.
a. to be successful.
b. to do well, efficiently, or speedily: The engineers really went to town on those plans.
c. to lose restraint or inhibition; overindulge.
13. on the town,
a. Informal.in quest of entertainment in a city''s nightclubs, bars, etc.; out to have a good time: a bunch of college kids out on the town.
b. supported by the public charity of the state or community; on relief.
14. paint the town.
© 2007 - 2015 Its Our Local.com. All Rights Reserved.
Web Design by New Media Designs.